Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Trump DOJ takes down thousands of Epstein docs after admitting it exposed victims

Published

on

The Trump administration admitted to a court that the Justice Department had to remove thousands of files from the latest Epstein release because they hadn’t been properly redacted to remove private, identifying information about some of the victims.

 

 

The revelation came in a filing on Monday with federal judges in New York, related to a review of the criminal cases against the late accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein and his convicted accomplice, Ghislaine Maxwell.

Last week, MS NOW legal analyst Lisa Rubin first reported that the latest trove of Epstein files were full of such compromising information — an issue that raised further questions about just what the Justice Department was doing for weeks as they blew past the legal deadline to release the remaining files, as redaction review had been their main explanation for why it was taking so long.

 

 

In the new filing, DOJ officials attempted to explain themselves.

“The Department has worked all hours through the weekend from the point when the first victim-related concerns were raised,” said the filing. “To that end, out of the larger production described above, the Department now has taken down several thousands of documents and media that may have inadvertently included victim-identifying information due to various factors, including technical or human error. As of the date of this letter, the Department now has taken down nearly all of those materials specifically identified by victims or their counsel, as well a substantial number of documents identified independently by the Department. The Department is reviewing those documents and will re-process them.”

 

 

“As part of this procedure, for reasons related to the operation of the document management system, the Department must periodically ‘re-index’ the data contained on the Epstein Library website to ensure that, although a document has been reviewed and redacted for reposting, the underlying metadata that permits the search functionality of the database also is cleansed of the relevant information related to the document,” the filing continued. “This process and the additional searches are substantially complete but remain ongoing.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY18 minutes ago

A California federal judge hit the Trump administration with a scathing order to notify thousands of detained immigrants nationwide that they can join a lawsuit demanding either a hearing or immediate release.

CELEBRITY21 minutes ago

Trump DOJ takes down thousands of Epstein docs after admitting it exposed victims

CELEBRITY24 minutes ago

The Department of Justice was reportedly caught deleting evidence that sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell was in possession of three interviews that could possibly be used as blackmail over President Donald Trump and were not released to the general public.

CELEBRITY31 minutes ago

Trump owes the Supreme Court an apology—to the Justices he smeared on Friday and the institution itself. He doubtless won’t offer one, but his rant in response to his tariff defeat at the Court was arguably the worst moment of his Presidency.

CELEBRITY40 minutes ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are in a standoff with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., over testimony the panel is seeking in its investigation into the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

CELEBRITY43 minutes ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are set to testify to the House Oversight Committee for its investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, a committee spokeswoman says.

CELEBRITY49 minutes ago

Trump refuses to apologize after posting racist meme of the Obamas

CELEBRITY55 minutes ago

In a rare move, the White House recently took down a racist post from one of President Trump’s social media accounts. Extremism researchers say it fits a pattern of mainstreaming extremist ideas.

CELEBRITY58 minutes ago

Just hours after the federal judges in the Eastern District of Virginia appointed a new interim US attorney to replace Trump loyalist Lindsey Halligan, the administration said he is fired.

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

President Trump is asking the federal government for billions of dollars in damages, putting his own Justice Department on the spot and creating an unprecedented ethical morass.

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

A federal judge in Illinois quickly issued a restraining order after the Trump administration slashed more than $600 million in CDC grants

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

NEW: JD Vance flew to Rome to formally invite Pope Leo XIV to join America’s 250th anniversary celebration. The first American pope has declined — days after rejecting President Trump’s “Board of Peace” invitation. On July 4, he’ll be in Lampedusa, standing with migrants — not in Washington — drawing another stark line between the Trump-Vance White House and the Catholic Church under Leo.

Copyright © 2025 Luxurydioruk