Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Simone Biles Calls Out ‘Sore Loser’ Riley Gaines for Anti-Trans Sports Comments: ‘You’re Truly Sick’

Published

on

 

“You should be uplifting the trans community and perhaps finding a way to make sports inclusive,” Biles told Gaines on X

 

 

Simone Biles and Riley Gaines are clashing on social media over Gaines’ anti-trans comments about a transgender softball player.

The Olympic gymnast, 28, called out Gaines, 25, who is a conservative activist and former swimmer, on X after she commented on a post from the Minnesota State High School League, which celebrated its first softball state championship win.

“Comments off lol. To be expected when your star player is a boy,” Gaines replied on X, referring to Marissa Rothenberger, a transgender athlete who is a pitcher for the team, according to Fox News. Rothenberger helped secure the win by pitching a shutout, as their opponents failed to score any runs.

In response, Biles described Gaines as a “straight up sore loser” and told the former athlete that she was “truly sick” on X.

“You should be uplifting the trans community and perhaps finding a way to make sports inclusive OR creating a new avenue where trans feel safe in sports. Maybe a transgender category IN ALL sports!!,” she continued.

“But instead… You bully them… One thing’s for sure is no one in sports is safe with you around!!!!!” she concluded the X post directed at Gaines.

In a separate post on X the 11-time Olympic medalist wrote, “bully someone your own size, which would ironically be a male.”

Gaines then replied on X that she felt that the seven-time gold medalist’s comments were “so disappointing” and noted that she felt her “take is the least controversial take on the planet.”

“Simone Biles being a male-apologist at the expense of young girls’ dreams? Didn’t have that on my bingo card,” she continued. “Maybe she could compete in pommel horse and rings in 2028.”

 

She added in a separate post: “And the subtle hint at ‘body-shaming’ ???? Plzzzz I’m 5’5″

The topic of transgender athletes’ participation in sports has been a controversial one over the last few years. Biles and Gaines’ exchange comes as the Trump administration continues to push back against states, including California, which allow transgender athletes to participate in sports that align with their gender identity.

Earlier this week, the Trump administration threatened California with fines and legal action after a 16-year-old transgender athlete AB Hernandez won both the high school girls’ high jump and triple jump at a California state track meet, according to CBS News.

Hernandez’s success also prompted California’s Interscholastic Federation to change its rules to allow more “biological female student-athletes” to participate in the same events that trans-athletes are also participating in, per AP.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

A California federal judge hit the Trump administration with a scathing order to notify thousands of detained immigrants nationwide that they can join a lawsuit demanding either a hearing or immediate release.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Trump DOJ takes down thousands of Epstein docs after admitting it exposed victims

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

The Department of Justice was reportedly caught deleting evidence that sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell was in possession of three interviews that could possibly be used as blackmail over President Donald Trump and were not released to the general public.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Trump owes the Supreme Court an apology—to the Justices he smeared on Friday and the institution itself. He doubtless won’t offer one, but his rant in response to his tariff defeat at the Court was arguably the worst moment of his Presidency.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are in a standoff with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., over testimony the panel is seeking in its investigation into the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are set to testify to the House Oversight Committee for its investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, a committee spokeswoman says.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Trump refuses to apologize after posting racist meme of the Obamas

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

In a rare move, the White House recently took down a racist post from one of President Trump’s social media accounts. Extremism researchers say it fits a pattern of mainstreaming extremist ideas.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Just hours after the federal judges in the Eastern District of Virginia appointed a new interim US attorney to replace Trump loyalist Lindsey Halligan, the administration said he is fired.

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

President Trump is asking the federal government for billions of dollars in damages, putting his own Justice Department on the spot and creating an unprecedented ethical morass.

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

A federal judge in Illinois quickly issued a restraining order after the Trump administration slashed more than $600 million in CDC grants

CELEBRITY11 hours ago

NEW: JD Vance flew to Rome to formally invite Pope Leo XIV to join America’s 250th anniversary celebration. The first American pope has declined — days after rejecting President Trump’s “Board of Peace” invitation. On July 4, he’ll be in Lampedusa, standing with migrants — not in Washington — drawing another stark line between the Trump-Vance White House and the Catholic Church under Leo.

Copyright © 2025 Luxurydioruk