Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Federal immigration officers shot and wounded two people Thursday afternoon in Southeast Portland during a law-enforcement operation near a hospital, sparking fresh outrage from local leaders and civil-rights advocates.

Published

on

 

Federal immigration officers shot and wounded two people Thursday afternoon in Southeast Portland during a law-enforcement operation near a hospital, sparking fresh outrage from local leaders and civil-rights advocates.

 

 

According to the Portland Police Bureau, officers initially responded around 2:18 p.m. to reports of a shooting outside a medical facility near Adventist Health. Minutes later, a man who had been shot called for help a few miles away, and police found him and a woman suffering from gunshot wounds. Both were transported to local hospitals; authorities later confirmed they were wounded during the encounter with federal agents.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents were conducting a targeted vehicle stop connected to an investigation when an agent fired at the occupants of a vehicle, claiming the driver attempted to use the vehicle as a weapon against officers. Federal officials also said the two individuals had alleged ties to the Venezuelan gang Tren de Aragua, although independent verification of that claim has not been released.

 

 

The identities of the wounded were later disclosed by DHS as Luis David Nico Moncada and Yorlenys Betzabeth Zambrano-Contreras, both Venezuelan nationals. DHS stated Moncada entered the U.S. in 2022 and the passenger in 2023, and linked both to criminal activity. Both remain hospitalized, with at least one reported in stable condition and — in one case — now in federal custody.

Local officials challenged the federal narrative, questioning the necessity of the shooting and pushing back against aggressive immigration enforcement tactics in Portland. Oregon Attorney General Dan Rayfield vowed a thorough investigation to determine whether agents acted within the scope of their authority, saying the state would pursue charges if warranted. Portland’s mayor and city council have called for a pause in federal immigration operations until independent review is completed.

The incident comes just one day after a separate fatal shooting by an ICE officer in Minneapolis, which has already ignited protests nationwide. The back-to-back use-of-force incidents involving federal immigration agents have intensified scrutiny of U.S. immigration enforcement policies, with critics arguing that militarized tactics endanger communities and erode public trust.

Community response was swift: hundreds rallied outside the local ICE facility, with demonstrators demanding accountability and the suspension of similar operations. At least six people were arrested during protests, signaling growing tensions around federal enforcement in urban areas.

The FBI is now leading the federal investigation into the Portland shooting, while local police provide support. As the probe continues, both city and state officials are pushing for transparency and accountability, underscoring deepening friction between federal enforcement priorities and local governance.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

A California federal judge hit the Trump administration with a scathing order to notify thousands of detained immigrants nationwide that they can join a lawsuit demanding either a hearing or immediate release.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Trump DOJ takes down thousands of Epstein docs after admitting it exposed victims

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

The Department of Justice was reportedly caught deleting evidence that sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell was in possession of three interviews that could possibly be used as blackmail over President Donald Trump and were not released to the general public.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Trump owes the Supreme Court an apology—to the Justices he smeared on Friday and the institution itself. He doubtless won’t offer one, but his rant in response to his tariff defeat at the Court was arguably the worst moment of his Presidency.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are in a standoff with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., over testimony the panel is seeking in its investigation into the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are set to testify to the House Oversight Committee for its investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, a committee spokeswoman says.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Trump refuses to apologize after posting racist meme of the Obamas

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

In a rare move, the White House recently took down a racist post from one of President Trump’s social media accounts. Extremism researchers say it fits a pattern of mainstreaming extremist ideas.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Just hours after the federal judges in the Eastern District of Virginia appointed a new interim US attorney to replace Trump loyalist Lindsey Halligan, the administration said he is fired.

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

President Trump is asking the federal government for billions of dollars in damages, putting his own Justice Department on the spot and creating an unprecedented ethical morass.

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

A federal judge in Illinois quickly issued a restraining order after the Trump administration slashed more than $600 million in CDC grants

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

NEW: JD Vance flew to Rome to formally invite Pope Leo XIV to join America’s 250th anniversary celebration. The first American pope has declined — days after rejecting President Trump’s “Board of Peace” invitation. On July 4, he’ll be in Lampedusa, standing with migrants — not in Washington — drawing another stark line between the Trump-Vance White House and the Catholic Church under Leo.

Copyright © 2025 Luxurydioruk