Connect with us

CELEBRITY

🚨 BREAKING: The Manhattan gunman has been tentatively identified as 27 year old Shane Tamura, reportedly of Las Vegas The horrific shooting took the lives of 3 people, including an NYPD officer. My heart goes out to the victims, their families, and everyone impacted

Published

on

 

A 27-year-old man wearing body armor and carrying a high-powered M4 rifle shot and killed four people, including an off-duty police officer working security in a Midtown Manhattan office building, officials said during a press conference Monday evening.

 

 

A fifth victim was left critically injured in the shooting, officials said.

The incident occurred just before 6:30 p.m. in a building located at 345 Park Ave. and 52nd Street, which contains the headquarters for the investment company Blackstone and the National Football League, sources told ABC News.

It is unclear if those companies, or any company in the building, were tied to the shooting.

After apparently barricading himself on the 33rd floor, the suspect, who was identified as Las Vegas resident Shane Devon Tamura, was found dead from what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to New York Police Department Commissioner Jessica Tisch

During a press conference on Monday evening, Tisch said preliminary information suggests the suspect traveled cross-country by car from Las Vegas before arriving in New York City.

Tamura had a license to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Nevada. “We believe this to be a lone shooter,” Tisch said.

The man emerged from a double-parked BMW in front of the office building and entered the lobby alone and immediately opened fire on an NYPD officer and sprayed the lobby with bullets, Tisch said.

He made his way to the elevator bank, where he shot a security guard, Tisch said. He then went up to the 33rd floor, where he shot another person before shooting himself in the chest, she added.

Officers searched the suspect’s vehicle after the shooting, where they found a rifle case with rounds, a loaded revolver, ammunition and magazines, a backpack “and medication prescribed to Mr. Tamura,” Tisch said. The motive is currently under investigation, FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino said earlier on Monday.

witness inside the Midtown office building at the time of the shooting detailed to ABC News what it was like at the scene as colleagues hid in lockdown, unsure of what was unfolding.

We heard multiple shots go off in quick succession from the first floor, and a lot of us just rushed into the room,” Jessica Chen said, adding that she was on the second floor of the building watching a presentation with about 150 other people when the shooting started.

“Some went out in the back door, out onto the street. Other people, including me, we ran into the conference room and then eventually barricaded the tables across the doors and just stayed still,” Chen said.

“I texted my parents, ‘I love them,'” Chen said. “Nothing can describe that feeling.”

Chen went on to say that she recalled doing active shooter drills in school and said she often wondered what she would do in this kind of scenario. “It’s unfortunate that all Americans could think this through,” Chen said.

FBI New York Field Office management personnel and agents responded “to provide support at the active crime scene in Manhattan,” Bongino said on X.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said she has been briefed on the situation.

KPMG, an accounting firm that also has offices in the building, released a statement after the shooting, saying, “Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrific act and their families.”

“We are incredibly grateful for the bravery of building security and law enforcement,” the company said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY1 day ago

A California federal judge hit the Trump administration with a scathing order to notify thousands of detained immigrants nationwide that they can join a lawsuit demanding either a hearing or immediate release.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Trump DOJ takes down thousands of Epstein docs after admitting it exposed victims

CELEBRITY1 day ago

The Department of Justice was reportedly caught deleting evidence that sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell was in possession of three interviews that could possibly be used as blackmail over President Donald Trump and were not released to the general public.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Trump owes the Supreme Court an apology—to the Justices he smeared on Friday and the institution itself. He doubtless won’t offer one, but his rant in response to his tariff defeat at the Court was arguably the worst moment of his Presidency.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are in a standoff with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer, R-Ky., over testimony the panel is seeking in its investigation into the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are set to testify to the House Oversight Committee for its investigation into Jeffrey Epstein, a committee spokeswoman says.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Trump refuses to apologize after posting racist meme of the Obamas

CELEBRITY1 day ago

In a rare move, the White House recently took down a racist post from one of President Trump’s social media accounts. Extremism researchers say it fits a pattern of mainstreaming extremist ideas.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Just hours after the federal judges in the Eastern District of Virginia appointed a new interim US attorney to replace Trump loyalist Lindsey Halligan, the administration said he is fired.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

President Trump is asking the federal government for billions of dollars in damages, putting his own Justice Department on the spot and creating an unprecedented ethical morass.

CELEBRITY1 day ago

A federal judge in Illinois quickly issued a restraining order after the Trump administration slashed more than $600 million in CDC grants

CELEBRITY1 day ago

NEW: JD Vance flew to Rome to formally invite Pope Leo XIV to join America’s 250th anniversary celebration. The first American pope has declined — days after rejecting President Trump’s “Board of Peace” invitation. On July 4, he’ll be in Lampedusa, standing with migrants — not in Washington — drawing another stark line between the Trump-Vance White House and the Catholic Church under Leo.

Copyright © 2025 Luxurydioruk